I'm the SEO & Growth Manager for Zapier, a SaaS company that lets people create integration and automation without messing around with APIs or writing a single piece of code. In this role, I lead the company's organic search growth efforts, working with the Editorial Team on SEO, Growth Team on CRO as well as collaborate with the Engineering Team to manage the overall site SEO.
Before joining Zapier, I worked for Monster Worldwide leading the technical implementation of scalable SEO enhancements, advise on technical SEO best practice and was lucky enough to work with amazing colleagues from all over the world such as US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, and Poland.
I'm truly passionate about my work and always eager to connect with other SEO professionals. Reach out to me if you'd like to talk about technology, business or movies- contact me
Nov 2016 – Current
Manager of SEO & Growth
- Oversee and report on SEO performance of the Zapier.com
- Run experiments, taking lead on content creation, page layout and technical updates
- Collaborate with the Editorial Team on SEO and Growth Team on CRO
- Conduct link-building campaigns
- QA site changes for potential SEO impact
- Help customers through all-hands support to ensure they have the best experience possible
Feb 2016 – Nov 2016
Associate Manager of SEO (Global)
Work with SEO Manager & Global Product Management (North America & Europe) to translate strategies into SEO engineering requirements and facilitate development workstreams with technical implementations.
- Reviewed and continuously improved processes to optimize project lead time & delivery.
- Led diverse, cross-functional teams to execute SEO strategies and fulfillment of Core KPIs.
- Integrally involved in Information Re-Architecture (Subdomain to Subfolder migration) which dramatically increased organic traffic and visibility growth of Job Search, Career Advice and Employer Branding sites.
- Central point of contact for SEO implementations.
- Manage resources to ensure tasks are correctly prioritized and delivered.
- Provide technical SEO support and leadership to Software Engineering teams.
- Lead the implementation process to ensure each task is delivered effectively & efficiently.
- Communicate complex requests & solutions to the team in order to delegate & diffuse delivery.
- Train team members to develop their experience and skillset.
- Take lead on developing & maintaining the Global SEO infrastructure.
Jan 2015 – Jan 2016
SEO Analyst (Implementation Specialist) – Technical Lead
Work with SEO Manager, Product Manager & Software Engineering teams to implement technical SEO enhancements.
- Pioneered deployment of Google Tag Manager (GTM).
- Restructured implementation of Search Console, Webmaster Tools & Analytics.
- Restructured internal sharepoint site for SEO Team.
- Developed responsive resume template for Career Advice sites.
- Developed experimental async solutions for SEO with GTM.
- Developed custom web scripts for xml sitemap consolidation and automated seo code validation
- Responsible for deployment and maintenance of a Dedicated Server for SEO applications and experiments.
Nexus Mediaworks Sdn Bhd
SEO Web Developer & Analyst – Lead
- Provided technical leadership of all WordPress related SEO projects.
- Worked with Graphic Designer to curate a balanced theme incorporating creative design without compromising on SEO.
- Developed a holistic SEO Web Development Checklist and re-organized the entire project workflow.
- Performed regular in-depth audits of client's website and monitored organic search performance.
- Consulted with SME & Corporate clients and discussed SEO audits, performance, strategies & best-practices.
Dec 2013 – Mar 2014
Web Developer & SEO Analyst (Intern)
- Converted web design mockups into SilverStripe, OpenCart & WordPress themes.
- Reviewed and executed action plans drawn by the technical team to improve client's SEO.
- Assisted SEO Manager in Keyword Research, Content Analysis and SERP Monitoring.
- Analysed and developed an SEO friendly website for clients from the ground-up.
- SEO Audit (Code & Performance Review) for existing clients.
Huacomm Telecommunications Engineering (M) Sdn Bhd
Dec 2011 – Jan 2012
- Assisted IT Manager in handling technical & broadband support to hotel guests.
- Worked with hotel concierge to ensure the highest guest satisfaction of internet connectivity within the premises.
- Monitored network equipment and network performance.
- Performed maintenance and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure.
- Assisted IT Manager in installing new network equipments into hotel rooms.
- Performed internal audits of hotel staff PC's.
- Planned, managed and executed content publishing schedules.
- Managed a global team of writers (US, UK, India & Malaysia) to ensure prompt delivery of well researched, concise, factual, relevant and technically accurate content.
- Liaised with graphic designers to deliver creative content across various sites.
- Administered web servers (shared & reseller) with cPanel WHM & DirectAdmin.
- Administered & Moderated several forums related to Technology, Internet, Web Hosting, etc.
- Extracted and analysed traffic statistics from Google Analytics, eXTReMe Tracking, Mint, AWStats & etc.
- Analysed raw server access & error logs to troubleshoot and identify malicious traffic sources.
- Worked with advertisers to curate targeted ad-copy
- Ghostwritten articles for various Entertainment, IT, Social Media, SEO & Finance blogs.
- Provided an ethical platform for advertisers to publish sponsored content.
- Installed, Configured & Customized Site Scripts (WordPress, Joomla, phpBB, vBulletin, IP Board, Simple Machines Forum, etc), Plugins & Themes.
- Ensured timely site maintenance (updates & security patches).
- Implemented various security mechanisms for websites to prevent/mitigate malicious attacks.
BSc (Hons) Computer Science
International Islamic College